For Admin Role
In order to create a new course, the Administrator shall provide the information required in the following sections:
- Basic Information
- Course Settings
- Certificate Settings
- Video-based Course Settings
- Course Gamification
To create a new course
- On the left navigation pane, click .
- From the Courses main page, click Add Course. A new page opens where you can start entering the course information and settings.
Course Basic Info
In the Basic Info section, you can provide the following information:
- The course name, in the Course Name
- The subject taught during this course, by selecting it from the Subject drop-down list.
- The grades of the course, by selecting it, if it is only one grade, from the Grade/Year drop-down list, or by selecting a range of grades through the Select Range of Grades/Years
- The teacher assigned to teach this course, by selecting it from the Course Teacher drop-down list, which can be changed as needed later.
- By selecting Show only teachers assigned to the chosen subject, you can select amongst the teachers assigned to the course subject only. By not selecting this check box, the system displays all the teachers in the selected school.
- Selecting the school from the All Schools list, to select the course’s teacher from the selected school.
- The Administrator can also set the course cover page to be a photo or a video by clicking either Course Cover or Add Cover Video.
To add a cover photo for the course
- On top of the course creation page, click Course Cover, then select one of the photos available through the system navigating through them using . You can also use one of the photos available on your computer by clicking Browse File.
To add a video cover for the course
- On top of the course creation page, click Add Cover Video. Type the video URL, and then click Add.
Through the Course Settings page, the Administrator can define the following:
- The Course type, and whether it is an Online Collaboration or a Self-paced one.
- In the Self-paced courses , students study the courses by themselves without collaborating with the other course members. In this type of courses, activities submitted by the student are automatically graded.
- In the Online Collaboration courses , students study courses in collaboration with a teacher and peer students.
- Course Term: select the term where the course is going to take place from the Course Term In case the Term Settings is not enabled on the Institute level, this menu shall not appear.
- The maximum number of students who can attend the course in the Max course capacity
- The place where the course will be held in the Course Location
- How the students can join this course whether through an invitation or a request to join
- In case the Administrator selects the joining method to be Invitation, students shall receive invitations to join the course on their e-mail addresses. Invitation courses can be published without having an active lesson or a published assessment. Lessons created in Invitation courses can be published without dates.
- In case the Administrator selects the joining method to be Request to Join, students can search for this course through the course catalogue and send a request to the Administrator to join the course. Once the Administrator selects Request to Join, he can then select the Auto accept requests check box so the students’ requests are accepted automatically once sent and they can access the courses right away. In case the Auto accept requests check box is not selected, the Administrator will have to accept the requests manually once received in order to allow the students to join the course. In this case the Administrator receives a notification on the course quadrant in the courses homepage that a student wants to join the course.
- Choose to allow the students to view the course plan and the status of each of the course items like the lessons and activities in the form of a map by selecting the Enable Learning Paths check box.
- Course Completion Criteria: the Administrator has three options:
- Set the course completion criteria as Overall Assessments: and in this case, the student has to pass all the activity contained in the course in order to complete the whole course.
- Set the course completion criteria as Final Assessment: and in this case, the student should only pass the final activity of the course in order to complete the course.
- Set the course completion criteria as Videos: and in this case, the student has to watch all the videos uploaded in the course in order to complete the whole course.
- Enable Locking: that allows the Administrator to lock the next lesson and open it for the students only when they have completed all the activities and activities related to the current lesson. This obliges the student to complete lesson by lesson, with all its related material and activities.
- Enable take attendance: that allows the Administrator to take the students attendance in the course being created.
- Re-take Course: this option allows students to attend the course and its rounds more than one time. In case selected, the Administrator specifies the number of times allowed for the student to attend in the Course Trials Count
- The rounds’ attendance trials are counted of the overall retake times allowed for attending the course, and specified while creating it.
- In case the course is of Request to Join type, the Administrator is able to accept the requests submitted by students who exceeded the number of retake trials specified while creating the course.
- In case the course is of Invitation Only type, the Administrator can send an invitation to the students who exceeded the number of retake trials specified while creating the course.
- In case a student left the course, or was deleted then came back, his trial numbers are counted as accumulated.
The Administrator can select to grant certificates to the students who passed the course successfully by selecting the Add certificate to this courses check box.
In order for the Certificate Settings section to appear, you should enable this option on the institute level, and then on the school level. For more information, you can refer to the Certificate Settings section above.
Video-Based Course Settings
The Administrator can select to display all the course content in the form of a video including all the files that exist in the course by selecting the Enable play course option check box.
In case the course is linked to more than one term, the Play button displays the content of the term selected from the course cover.
After providing all the information related to the course, the Administrator can create it by clicking Create.